Monday, April 4, 2011

Lamb Kabobs

I am usually intimidated by cooking meat- I feel like the only way I can cook it is on a real grill and I obviously don't have one of those in my apartment! I also have this strange assumption that my dad and brothers cook meat better than I can as well (hahah, very strange! But it must be a 'man' thing!)

I got this lamb kabob recipe at Kripalu Yoga Center when I was there for a weekend retreat and it was amazing! My meat confidence was back and yours will be too!!

Lamb Kabobs-
  • 1/2 pound ground lamb
  • 1/4 c. golden raisins, chopped (this was a hard find! They are loaded with sugar and artificial stuff, be alert!)
  • 2 T red onion, diced
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 2 T cilantro, chopped
  • 1/8 t cumin and coriander
  • Pinch of salt, pepper and cayenne
  • 2 T of goat cheese (optional)
Combine all ingredients. Form around small skewers or make balls. Place on a broiler and broil for 3 mins on each side. Serve with tzatziki sauce (greek yogurt, garlic, cucumber, salt and dill!)

No comments:

Post a Comment