Saturday, May 7, 2011

Polenta with Blue Cheese and Garlicky Chard

I love cookbooks with pictures. The right photographer can make anything look soooo delicious. 'Real Simple' featured this easy and simple recipe in their October 2008 issue (wow... I am a recipe hoarder!)

I had never made polenta, but it was so easy! There are many pre-made types out there, loaded with calories and artificial fillers. I bought straight up polenta grain (really just corn) and mixed it with water and BAM- polenta! I used left overs to add to salads to mix things up the next day. I am sure there will be more polenta experiments to come.

Polenta with Blue Cheese and Garlicky Chard
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 1 bunch swiss chard, cut into 1 inch strips, stems trimmed
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 cup polenta
  • 1/1 c. crumbled blue cheese (I bought raw blue cheese, with no additives!)
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden. Add the chard, salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally until the chard is tender. 4-5 mins.

While the garlic and chard is cooking, bring 4 cups of water to boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt and slowly whisk in the polenta. Cook, stirring constantly until the polenta thickens. 3-4 mins.

Divide the polenta among bowls and top with the chard and blue cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment